Friday, August 30, 2013

It's Been a Year

As we wrap up August, I cannot help but notice that we have crossed the one-year mark in Delaware. The time has flown. Yes, it has had its difficulties. No, we're not where I hoped or expected we'd be. Things have been harder than I had imagined, and I am still uncertain as to the Lord's using us here. Frankly, I feel as though I am in a very similar position as I was when I first began blogging a year ago. My job still feels fresh, and Stronghold is still finding its footing; we're trying to navigate changes and establish ourselves. Things still feel new.

But in that similarity I see a certain beauty, as if God is still positioning us for his work here. This is not to say we haven't sought to live in a way that honors and glorifies him, but it is to express a certain feeling of anticipation, of excitement for what is yet to come and how he will gain his glory through our lives in this place.

On top of that, I continue to be thankful for all of you, those who continually come back to this little nook of the web, to hear the ramblings and self-indulgence of another hopeful dreamer, who wants to be molded into a vessel for good purposes, to serve as a means for the Lord's pouring out grace, mercy, and kindness. When I describe it in such language, I feel so far from where I want to be--and maybe that realization is exactly where the Lord wants me as we head into our second year in Delaware.

Please continue to join us on our journey, and thank you for being a part of it thus far.

With affection,
C

No comments:

Post a Comment