Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Reinforcing Stronghold: 90 Days Later

Hi Friends,

Well, today is the 3-month anniversary of Stronghold's release. As I have said several times already, you have all been wonderful and encouraging throughout this process. I have many stories to tell already, and I am sure many more will develop in the coming months. I hope to share them with you as time allows. For now, however, I would like to ask you for some help. I do not intend to sound too forward or self-indulgent, but the more I speak to people on not only the book itself but the subject in general, the more I feel invigorated to get this book to more people. Following positive feedback I have received, I have chosen to be a bit more aggressive with my reaching out and marketing the book. I have been conducting something of a secondary-blitz in hopes of re-igniting interest going into the fall, and last night, I was involved in a long form interview about it (links and info will be forthcoming). Anyway, if you are so willing, you can help me a great deal by doing one or all of the following things:

1) Please put a review for the book on both Amazon and iTunes. I have received criticism--real and constructive criticism--and I will not be offended by poor reviews if you feel them warranted. You are allowed to put the same review in both Amazon and Itunes, and they would be of great benefit to getting the book more exposure. Honest reviews build trust with new readers. If you loved the book, wonderful; if you felt it lacking, that may be even better. Please just be honest in your review so that casual readers will know it is a legitimate release. I cannot stress enough how valuable this will be to me.

2) Tell your pastor or church staff about the book as a possible resource. The issues to which Stronghold speaks seem to become both more pressing and more pertinent in our churches every day. Some pastors are really at odds with this issue, both personally and as leaders addressing a phenomenon they may not understand. I believe that Stronghold can be a tool for good in their ministries. Please let them know it exists. If they would be willing to contact me, I would be more than happy to discuss it with them.

3) Pray. First and foremost, praise God for bringing a chucklehead like me with an addiction like mine to the place where I am. Second, please ask God to keep me in check; third, ask him to seize and gain glory through this book. However that manifests itself, ask him to work in hearts and minds to make himself known through this project.

Again, friends, your support and encouragement have been wonderful and deeply moving to me. So many of you have already been a blessing to me through your time, feedback, and gracious response to this work. I thank you so much for all you have already done. Here's hoping the next 90-days are as successful as the last!

From me to you all, Ephesians 1:15-20, with much affection,
C.J.



No comments:

Post a Comment