Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Home

My wife and I have moved from California to Delaware.  Tonight is our first night as guest residents in my parents' home, the house wherein I was raised, in which we will be living for the next few months. My emotions are scattered and conflicting, and I feel somewhat raw in the present. The reality of the move has begun to truly settle into my soul, and I have the most odd thought that I did not expect, resting at the most sincere and essential part of me that I am able to access this late and after so much momentum leading to my present state of mind.

This is right. "Right". I don't know how else to describe it or even what I fully mean by saying it. I cannot explain it, and I do not understand it. I feel like any attempts to analyze this will result in my prattling on and on with neither direction nor coherence, so I will not even bother to do so now; but sitting here, near to midnight, on my parents' laptop in the middle of their kitchen, feeling compelled to write without any real notion of what to say, I feel right--like every choice in my life has finally led me to this is exact situation in which I need to be, as a person, as a husband, and as a servant of Christ.  I do not think that I should have been here sooner, and I do not think that I should be here under any different circumstances. How we (my wife and I) are here is not just good, not just exciting. This is right. 


huh.

No comments:

Post a Comment