Friday, July 4, 2014

To Retreat from Revisions

Well,

Here I am...middle of summer and two months behind on my latest draft of To Retreat From Romance. The revisions team is still in place, and I am immensely grateful for it. Three months will have passed by the time I get the latest version to them. They're willingness to stick with the project has motivated me to do the same.

The fact is that it's been hard to do the real work of revising on this one. Inasmuch as overall feedback was positive, the net result of all my notes was that core aspects of the book needed to change, and I knew it would be a great deal of work to get the story where I had to get it. I used the move, article-writing, blogging, even decorating as an excuse to avoid the grind of revising, but the reality hit me this last week like rush of inspiration in itself: I can do this.

I've done it before now, and I will hopefully do it again. Now, the goal is to get it done.

And I shall. Thanks for joining me as this project runs its course; I hope it will be worth the wait!

Thanks for reading,
C

No comments:

Post a Comment