Thursday, July 24, 2014

Is a Brief Update Better Than None?

I struggle with that above heading. Is it better to hit the web with a quick and dirty post or would it benefit my readership more if I post sparingly but with greater depth? To be honest, I don't have an answer. I know that I feel like I'm off schedule if I'm not posting something every four days, but I don't know if I should be posting just for posting's sake.

I have a game plan come September for a shift that I think will make your visits here more worthwhile. In the meantime, here's a brief update on my other writing pursuits as of today:




  • Looks like I'll be doing my first Toy Review at Figures.com in nearly 5 years this August. I'm looking forward to it, as well as what doors may continue to open on that front. 
  • MY involvement on the X3Church blog will likely slow; and as a result, I may be linking to recovery thoughts at a number of other sources, which will be a bitterwseet development, to be sure. I still have a great relationship with X3 and serve as a small group leader, but their blog formatting is going to change, and I may not be able to contribute as often. 
  • My upcoming second novel, To Retreat From Romance, is putting me through the ringer. I am trying to wrap my next draft by August 11, a goal that is taking a significant toll on me. At the outset of this draft, I was sure my changes would improve the book; I'm no longer so sure...but I'm also a neurotic writer, so maybe it'll be okay. I look forward to sharing more as we near release.
  • I am in revisions on a presentation I'll be making in September: my first "speaking engagement" as an author. I'm pensive, nervous, and altogether ecstatic that it's coming.
  • I am in the pre-writing stages of my project for this year's National Novel Write Month. As you might recall, I participated in both 2012 and 2013 with disappointing results. I'm hoping this third time is a charm. 
  • Still working on understanding this mailing list thing, too. hoping to launch before year end.
So there it is: a brief look at what's keeping me from longer posts this week...but I got some stuff in the pressure cooker that I'll be sharing soon!

Thanks for reading, 
C


No comments:

Post a Comment