Monday, October 14, 2013

Creating for Charity

Please excuse my brevity with today's post. I have spent the day building LEGO MOCs (My Own Creations) for the upcoming Creations for Charity store launch, and my time to blog is limited.

Their site will explain the process better than I, but to make a long story short on the charity, Lego enthusiasts build unique one-of-a-kind models that other Lego enthusiasts buy, and all the money goes to coordinators buying Lego that is donated to Toys-for-tots, to be distributed to under-privileged children. Last year, donations reached more than $9,000, and stacks of sets went to children in USA, Croatia, and Chile. Fans support fans and give to the next generation of fans in the process. It's a wonderful charity, and I participated last year with much satisfaction. I stepped my game up significantly in hopes of raising more funds this year, but we'll see how that goes.

Regardless of the money my work generates, I have to admit to you that I have not felt this full in my spirit in some time. I have savored the opportunity to use my creativity in conjunction with my enjoyment of Lego in an event in which I know the endgame will benefit others--others for whom Lego is most intended. These ideas of giving, community, and benefitting others are truly close to my heart's desire, and I feel immensely blessed to be in a position to build for the event this year, and I look forward to seeing how the community rises to give! 

No comments:

Post a Comment