Thursday, September 27, 2012

Some Mornings...

Some mornings I awake and want to do nothing. Some mornings I get up and I'm ready to go. This morning is definitely one of the former, and I have no idea why.  Was I up too late?  Is my coffee weak? I am just drained emotionally, spiritually, or mentally?  Do I just need a break?  Is my body out of whack because I did not work out yesterday?  Did I work out too hard the evening before?  Lots of questions accompany mornings like these, when sloth looks more appealing than effort and small tasks seem to be insurmountable.

I hate these mornings, and the longer we go without work, the more I come to loathe them. I tell myself that it's time to move, that I cannot waste these days, that I must stay in motion--but some mornings, I just do not feel the drive.

Perhaps another round of push-ups will jolt me into gear. ...nope.
Maybe I need some extra breakfast. ...nah
More coffee and an extra boost of sugary creamer?  I doubt it.

Frankly, I think this is just one of "those" mornings. Some of them are like this.  I wish it wasn't so.  But today, it really is.

Luckily, the day is young. It's just past 8 AM, and I still have alot of hours ahead of me. Gotta change things up. Do something different. Maybe that'll help. Or maybe it's just be one of those mornings.

[Dear Readers, Here's a promise...I will post again either this evening or tomorrow and tell you what became of this day. Who knows, maybe then I'll have something a little more useful to bring to the blogosphere...or maybe I'll just have to admit that I spent the day doing nothing.]

No comments:

Post a Comment